plokoonpma
Apr 12, 09:59 PM
This is a huge change! Dam.. on the sheet looks awesome. Will make editing in all environments more friendly and scalable.
iMikeT
Sep 6, 04:12 PM
Better than nothing.
gugy
Nov 15, 10:35 AM
cool
it's coming soon to a mac near you!
it's coming soon to a mac near you!
roland.g
Sep 1, 12:56 PM
I was going to do a Mac Mini with a Ministack. I didn't like the idea of the iMac because of the integrated aspect. I already have a 19" display and would upgrade to a 23" ACD when iSight gets added. However my two hangups on the Mini were the 5400 RPM drive and integrated GPU - I want to use it for a lot of iMovie and eventually Final Cut Express. The 23" comes out and I am all over that. So, please please please make it in reduced chin aluminum. Sexy sells.
coder12
Apr 21, 12:12 PM
Viruses collecting data on iOS?
... :confused:
... :confused:

blybug
Jan 12, 06:30 PM
Thing is it would have to be cheap enough for a hospital to give out to all the doctors and such (I think we're using Epic now or something).
Well, not to be completely selfish, but I'm just talking about getting one for me. All the other doctors are on their own :rolleyes:
But yeah...a trimmed down OSX could still run a Citrix client, which is how I access EPIC directly from my Mac currently. Would be even smoother than VNC or Back to my Mac. However I anticipate that if there is a slim tablet style device that some kinda way it has to have some sort of screen sharing built in, that way even though it is thin (physically AND specification-wise), you can still do big things with it via your remote machine. I mean Leopard's Back to my Mac feature is just screaming to be officially on an iPhone and/or somewhat larger-screened device.
Maybe that's really what's "in the air"....your home/office computer (PC or Mac) and everything on it is now beamed to your tablet wirelessly. The AirBook is really little more than a WiFi screen.
Well, not to be completely selfish, but I'm just talking about getting one for me. All the other doctors are on their own :rolleyes:
But yeah...a trimmed down OSX could still run a Citrix client, which is how I access EPIC directly from my Mac currently. Would be even smoother than VNC or Back to my Mac. However I anticipate that if there is a slim tablet style device that some kinda way it has to have some sort of screen sharing built in, that way even though it is thin (physically AND specification-wise), you can still do big things with it via your remote machine. I mean Leopard's Back to my Mac feature is just screaming to be officially on an iPhone and/or somewhat larger-screened device.
Maybe that's really what's "in the air"....your home/office computer (PC or Mac) and everything on it is now beamed to your tablet wirelessly. The AirBook is really little more than a WiFi screen.
slffl
Oct 23, 09:55 AM
As I am waiting for a revision to get a new macbook pro, i really hope when they do update them, it's a major overhaul with a bunch of new goodies. I'm not saying the current design is bad, but I've had my 17" PB for 3.5 years and I just need something new.
nvelker
Sep 14, 08:44 AM
When will it stop??
Kflik
Apr 19, 10:57 AM
Finally! An iMac rumor!!!!
iLucas
Apr 14, 09:12 AM
I have drove stick since i was 16. I had an automactic for 3 months after i got my license then bought a stick shift mitsubishi eclipse. Have drove it since. I am now 18 years old
Sbrocket
Jan 11, 05:20 PM
i highly highly doubt they are calling it the "macbook air." that's borderline laughable. i am willing to bet the phase "there's something in the air" is referring to the soon to be announced rental service, not a piece of hardware. apple is making an obvious attempt to eliminate physical mediums altogether, first cds with mp3s and now dvds with downloadable vids (both via the itunes music store). everything will be available "in the air" or "up in the cloud," if you will. i'll be damned if they name their next product the "macbook air." c'mon people...
You may want to retract that...
Why do you assume that the information was based off the posters, rather than simple coincidence or MR waiting for some corroboration? That's a bad assumption if I had to say so.
You may want to retract that...
Why do you assume that the information was based off the posters, rather than simple coincidence or MR waiting for some corroboration? That's a bad assumption if I had to say so.
Aniej
Jan 1, 11:27 PM
something about the iPhone rumors has been bugging me and I think I just placed my finger on it. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but the limited storage capacity that is supposedly going to be available compared to the direction all the other iPods have been going. I don't know that the 8GB (maximum reported) would be in line with the purpose of a combined phone and iPod from a company that is the actual maker; I could see this size from a Motorola, but not the company where all the big expectations are centered.
Multimedia
Aug 31, 08:19 PM
Let's hope that those specs aren't the final ones. That they're just to clear inventory.
I'm hoping for Merom based mac minis.. Merom costs the same so why not ?LIMITED SUPPLY of Merom for the first few months. mini will be the last to get C2D probably in November. But you've gotta give kudos to Apple for adopting the Merom Spec Yonahs into the mini right away. This way the switch to Merom in mini can be almost silent with no disruption to the flow of minis to the market.
I'm hoping for Merom based mac minis.. Merom costs the same so why not ?LIMITED SUPPLY of Merom for the first few months. mini will be the last to get C2D probably in November. But you've gotta give kudos to Apple for adopting the Merom Spec Yonahs into the mini right away. This way the switch to Merom in mini can be almost silent with no disruption to the flow of minis to the market.
MacMan86
Apr 23, 11:44 AM
for all your defending of this feature ... can you give me even one positive reason this is good for the average person that out-weighs the negative ones ... just one
Well that's easy - it seems the purpose of this file is to help you find your location quickly. Without this cache you'd waste bandwidth, time and battery power to look up information that was fixed (cell tower locations). It also means your phone can find your location when you don't have GPS signal, or simply not bother to turn GPS on, which is a win because it consumes so much power. Seems like a pretty compelling use to me. Read this for more info: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12432603&postcount=16
Well that's easy - it seems the purpose of this file is to help you find your location quickly. Without this cache you'd waste bandwidth, time and battery power to look up information that was fixed (cell tower locations). It also means your phone can find your location when you don't have GPS signal, or simply not bother to turn GPS on, which is a win because it consumes so much power. Seems like a pretty compelling use to me. Read this for more info: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12432603&postcount=16
faroZ06
Apr 3, 01:31 AM
Agreed. Those ads killed my ability to defend Apple fandom by saying the snooty arrogance is just some peoples baseless perception.
Embarrassing.
There's an app for that was kinda good.
But if you don't have an iPhone, you can't do this? It just makes it look like a useless device.
Actually, I'm perfectly happy without any Apple stuff besides my iMac. I didn't have an iPod until a week ago, so I was using some tape player for music :D mainly because I didn't care enough about randomly listening to music to buy an iPod.
Embarrassing.
There's an app for that was kinda good.
But if you don't have an iPhone, you can't do this? It just makes it look like a useless device.
Actually, I'm perfectly happy without any Apple stuff besides my iMac. I didn't have an iPod until a week ago, so I was using some tape player for music :D mainly because I didn't care enough about randomly listening to music to buy an iPod.
Link2999
Sep 18, 04:16 PM
Waiting for the iClear: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Griffin+Technology+-+iClear+Case+with+Arm+Band+for+4th-Generation+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26%23174%3B+touch/1207257.p?id=1218234048743&skuId=1207257&st=griffin%20iclear&cp=1&lp=5
Love the iClear, been using it on my 1st Gen since I bought it. The 2 Piece Design offers the most protection of any case I've seen.
Love the iClear, been using it on my 1st Gen since I bought it. The 2 Piece Design offers the most protection of any case I've seen.
islanders
Dec 28, 08:09 PM
Well here is a link for LCD outselling CRT in both Europe and North America.
http://news.com.com/2100-1041_3-6138678.html
http://news.com.com/2100-1041_3-6138678.html
aaps59
Feb 8, 08:26 AM
http://www.jimmirehman.com/charger/Blackedout.jpg
2008 Dodge Charger SE
http://www.jimmirehman.com/charger/Signaturev1.jpg
Thats an epic Charger, I like em' for the stealth cop looks.
Charger Police Interceptor's FTW!
2008 Dodge Charger SE
http://www.jimmirehman.com/charger/Signaturev1.jpg
Thats an epic Charger, I like em' for the stealth cop looks.
Charger Police Interceptor's FTW!
davester
Oct 24, 01:03 AM
Since when have Apple used the Optima font family for their copy? :rolleyes:
Edit: lol ok, thought you were serious about this for a moment.
Edit: lol ok, thought you were serious about this for a moment.
aswitcher
Aug 25, 09:25 AM
There are no single core Core 2 processors. That's why. 1.66GHz Core 2 Duo is the bottom of the line. Cost Apple same they paid for Solo 1.5GHz Yonah.
Yeah I thought mini would go Core 2 last. But maybe Apple is getting such a huge shipment that they can go Core 2 across the board right away. I don't know. Hope Springs Eternal. :p
Arent Core 2s being reported in shortage by intel suppliers?
Yeah I thought mini would go Core 2 last. But maybe Apple is getting such a huge shipment that they can go Core 2 across the board right away. I don't know. Hope Springs Eternal. :p
Arent Core 2s being reported in shortage by intel suppliers?
jxyama
Apr 15, 11:57 AM
Hey, thank you for being an idiot !! I wasn't replying because I went on Holidays. I went to see Tokyo for Five days and track down the old places of Edo described in Ernest Satow's 1921 book "A diplomat in Japan" and to buy a new Emac !! Its 115 000 yen in Japan for a Superdrive model. Oh, I forgot...For you being a high school graduate - Edo (or Yedo in some translations) is the old name of Tokyo. Up until the Meiji restoration.
If I was stupid - I wouldn't speak two languages
If I was an ignorant person - I would have stayed in my home country and not learn about the ways of the world...I believe that you have spent too much time in front of you mac.
If I was a vain pretender to knowledge - Do you know who Ernest Satow was ? Do you know over 2,000 Japanese kanji characters ? Do you know how to live in another country ? You have NO IDEA
So please don't call other people names - This is a thread for discussion not a primary school (If you are American - a primary school is a elementary school) :D
i'm sorry, this has got to be one of the most irrelevant comments i've read here at MR.
(btw, not to brag or anything, but i'll one up you: i speak japanese and english, both fluently. i've lived (not just traveled) in japan, USA and switzerland. i also have a phd in physics. what does all that have to do with having a constructive discussion? NOTHING.)
If I was stupid - I wouldn't speak two languages
If I was an ignorant person - I would have stayed in my home country and not learn about the ways of the world...I believe that you have spent too much time in front of you mac.
If I was a vain pretender to knowledge - Do you know who Ernest Satow was ? Do you know over 2,000 Japanese kanji characters ? Do you know how to live in another country ? You have NO IDEA
So please don't call other people names - This is a thread for discussion not a primary school (If you are American - a primary school is a elementary school) :D
i'm sorry, this has got to be one of the most irrelevant comments i've read here at MR.
(btw, not to brag or anything, but i'll one up you: i speak japanese and english, both fluently. i've lived (not just traveled) in japan, USA and switzerland. i also have a phd in physics. what does all that have to do with having a constructive discussion? NOTHING.)
archurban
Nov 28, 01:53 PM
zune, zune, zune. it's like crackin'lacking! hilarious. :p
Interstella5555
Mar 22, 09:58 AM
Article from the Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/mar/21/gay-cure-apple-iphone) and The Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8393974/Apple-under-fire-for-gay-conversion-app.html)
So what are your thoughts? Should Apple have rejected the app?
On a personal and professional level, yes. However, if it is there, I should be able to make an app detailing how to escape they hatred and hypocrisy of mainstream religion. I mean seriously, if I made an app detailing the opressions, explotations, misogyny, abuses and general hatred of organized religion and how to live your life without it, it would never get approved. This is also interesting considering Apple is one of the more gay friendly companies around.
So what are your thoughts? Should Apple have rejected the app?
On a personal and professional level, yes. However, if it is there, I should be able to make an app detailing how to escape they hatred and hypocrisy of mainstream religion. I mean seriously, if I made an app detailing the opressions, explotations, misogyny, abuses and general hatred of organized religion and how to live your life without it, it would never get approved. This is also interesting considering Apple is one of the more gay friendly companies around.
rosalindavenue
Jul 18, 06:45 AM
I don't think the time is right for online digital movie rentals. Even with a relatively fast broadband service, it still is going to take a fair amount of time to download the file. If the file only plays once, or just for a day, or a few days it's just not worth the effort, IMO.
I agree with respect to downloads-- but I think this is going to be streaming. Did you ever try the frontrow movie trailers? (before Apple let it go dead in January or so-- it was a beta test, I'm sure) Even with a hacked version on my ibook, the trailers were instantaneous and high quality. I think that's how these are going to be rented-- you'll have either a period of time you can stream (preferable) or a number of times you can stream before losing the rights.
EDIT: Poster below me is 100% correct-- this is about ipods; they'll have to sell downloads for those and they wont be anything like DVD quality.
I agree with respect to downloads-- but I think this is going to be streaming. Did you ever try the frontrow movie trailers? (before Apple let it go dead in January or so-- it was a beta test, I'm sure) Even with a hacked version on my ibook, the trailers were instantaneous and high quality. I think that's how these are going to be rented-- you'll have either a period of time you can stream (preferable) or a number of times you can stream before losing the rights.
EDIT: Poster below me is 100% correct-- this is about ipods; they'll have to sell downloads for those and they wont be anything like DVD quality.
No comments:
Post a Comment